[Xen-devel] Re: memsize for HVM save/restore

On 27/3/07 16:42, "Zhai, Edwin" <edwin.zhai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2 concerns:
> 1. xc_hvm_build use SCRATCH_PFN(0xFFFFF) to map shared_info, which would
> overwrite the true max_gpfn. So shall we add check in set_p2m_entry for this?

It'll mean the minimum bitmap size is 128kB. Big deal. If we find places
where this *does* matter, I think we should add a better hypercall to
actually indicate which chunks of the physmap space are in use (e.g., return
a bitmap, with one bit per megabyte of pseudophys space -- bit set if any
page in that megabyte chunk is populated or has ever been populated).

> 2. If qemu get the memsize from XENMEM_maximum_gpfn when restore, it's better
> do the same thing when create, i.e. remove the '-m' qemu command line.

I fully agree!

 -- Keir