RE: [Xen-devel] swiotlb and Xen query?

  • To: "pradeep singh rautela" <rautelap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 11:35:08 +0200
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 May 2007 02:33:53 -0700

Yes, you can't live-migrate (or migrate at all, I think) driver domains,
as there is no way to determine if a driver has outstanding DMA
requests. You need to shut it down and restart it elsewhere if you want
to move it from one machine to another. [Of course not across CPU's, but
if you actually move across physical machine boundary].

[I had a quick look, but I couldn't actually find any checks for this,
but I still believe it holds true that driver domains can't be
saved/restored/migrated].

--
Mats