Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] pv-scsi driver (scsiback/scsifront)

Tomonari Horikoshi wrote:
> Hi all.
>
>  We developped a pv-scsi driver that we refered Fujita-san's scsi-driver
>  and blkback.
>  (see, http://www.xensource.com/files/xensummit_4/Xen_Summit_8_Matsumoto.pdf)
>
>  The pv-scsi driver's feature is as follow:
>   * Guest has dedicated SCSI-HBAs of Dom0.
>   * Guest can send scsi_cdb to the HBAs.
>   * Guest recognises the HBAs from hostno of xenstore.
>
>  Currentlly, We are developping FC version based on this.
>
> * Future work:
>   * implement python code
>   * performance tunning
>   * attach, detach
>   * suspend, resume
>
> * We are wondering about:
>  * We used "scsihost" as xenstore nodename. Is it suitable?
>  * We consider about configfile format...
>    scsihost = ['fc,0', 'scsi,1', 'type,num']
>                type = "fc" or "scsi"
>                num  = scsi host number on Dom0
I would expect "fc" does not need to be specified, unless there
is FC-isms exposed to the guest.

>    Do you have any comment?
>  * We have no idea how to implement suspend/resume feature.
>    ex. Physical HBA mapping for resumed guest.
>        Pending I/O.
>        The WWN within FC mode for resumed guest.
The WWN is a whole different issue - and I'm going to want to make
sure that whatever you do here is consistent with FC NPIV virtual
ports instantiated in Dom 0. See:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=117768770720886&w=2