[Xen-devel] Re: [RFC] pv-scsi driver (scsiback/scsifront)

Thank you for your comment.

I work in same group Tomonari Horikoshi works.

>Tomonari Horikoshi wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>>  We developped a pv-scsi driver that we refered Fujita-san's scsi-driver
>>  and blkback.
>>  (see, http://www.xensource.com/files/xensummit_4/Xen_Summit_8_Matsumoto.
>> pdf)
>>
>>  The pv-scsi driver's feature is as follow:
>>   * Guest has dedicated SCSI-HBAs of Dom0.
>>   * Guest can send scsi_cdb to the HBAs.
>>   * Guest recognises the HBAs from hostno of xenstore.
>>
>>  Currentlly, We are developping FC version based on this.
>>
>> * Future work:
>>   * implement python code
>>   * performance tunning
>>   * attach, detach
>>   * suspend, resume
>>
>> * We are wondering about:
>>  * We used "scsihost" as xenstore nodename. Is it suitable?
>>  * We consider about configfile format...
>>    scsihost = ['fc,0', 'scsi,1', 'type,num']
>>                type = "fc" or "scsi"
>>                num  = scsi host number on Dom0
>I would expect "fc" does not need to be specified, unless there
>is FC-isms exposed to the guest.

We want to use SAN management software on guest OS. The software
works on native(no VM) linux. So we think it is necesarry to
have guest OS shown whether HBA card is FC or SCSI in the same
way of native linux.

>>    Do you have any comment?
>>  * We have no idea how to implement suspend/resume feature.
>>    ex. Physical HBA mapping for resumed guest.
>>        Pending I/O.
>>        The WWN within FC mode for resumed guest.
>The WWN is a whole different issue - and I'm going to want to make
>sure that whatever you do here is consistent with FC NPIV virtual
>ports instantiated in Dom 0. See:
>http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=117768770720886&w=2

We think whether WWN is same value or not when a guest resumes again is
unknown because the WWN may be already used by another guest.

Best Regards,
Akira Hayakawa