Re: [Xen-devel] Xen doesnt recognize my root fs, while native kernel can ???

  • To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jun Koi" <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:21:48 +0900
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:08:48 -0700

Here is the screenshot taken with a digital camera. I hope the screen
is clear enough for you to see.

Thanks,
Jun

On 6/13/07, Jun Koi <junkoi2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mats,

On 6/13/07, Petersson, Mats <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

No, that is not a reason in my case. I did it this way:
- Native kernel (2.6.18) is compiled with all the necessary drivers
built-in. That means I dont need initrd to boot my machine with this
kernel. And it boots well.
- I copied the .config of native kernel above to Dom0, and compile
Dom0 with this option. (Of course before compiling, I enabled Xen
option, as you can see in the .config of Dom0 I sent in the last
mail). Again this time I dont need initrd.

So it is logical that Dom0 must boot, but it fails actually. That is
why I find the situation very strange.

> > I have found that my machine has no serial port, so perhaps I must buy
> > a serial card to debug this problem. Wonder if there is another way to
> > avoid that (?)
> If you have a digital camera and you add "noreboot" to the commandline
> of "xen.gz" in your grub configuration, maybe you can upload (to some
> photo-web-site or such) a screen-shot of the final few lines of the boot
> and send a link to the list - that may not give all clues, but at least
> it will indicate what's going on.

OK, I will do that, as it is not desired to buy a serial card :-)

Thanks,
Jun