RE: [Xen-devel] xenoprof support patch issue for oprofile 0.9.3

Will

Xenoprof patches for oprofile 0.9.3 (to enable passive domain profiling)
are now available at http://xenoprof.sourceforge.net.
A required patch for the kernel is also available at the same location.
I think the kernel patch should NOT be included into the public Xen tree
at this time, as this will break compatibility with oprofile 0.9.2 that
users are currently using. I think it is better to have users wanting to
upgrade to oprofile 0.9.3 to apply an extra patch to the kernel rather
than breaking compatibility for all current users. I think we should
wait until Xen dom0 support gets into mainline linux to do that (or at
least until xenoprof patches are included in an official oprofile
release).

Regards

Renato