Re: [Xen-devel] PATCH: 0/10: Merge xenfb & xenconsoled into qemu-dm

  • To: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 08:30:08 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 00:26:34 -0700

On 15/8/07 21:00, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only feature this re-factoring looses is the ability to have the paravirt
> text console persistently logged to a file. QEMU allows us to specify that
> a character device is either sent to a PTY, or a file, but not both at the
> same time. I'm thinking about ways in which QEMU's character device config
> syntax & drivers may be extended to allow use of a PTY & File concurrently.
>
> The patches should be applied in order - after each individual patch you
> should still have a fully operational system for both FV & PV.

Have you tested both HVM and PV guests with save/restore, migration, and
*failed* save/restore (e.g., by forcing an error in xc_domain_save.c)? The
last needs care because qemu-dm must be kept around until the last moment,
in case the save or migration fails.

Are these patches intended to be applied now, or are they RFC?

 -- Keir