Re: [Xen-devel] how many processors does xen support in hardware?

Where did you get this number 255 from?

 K.

<aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> Xen x86_32/PAE supports 32 logical CPUs. This is a hard limit and
> there is no easy way to increase this.
>
> Xen x86_64 supports 64 logical
> CPUs. You need to compile Xen with max_phys_cpus=64 to enable this support. If
> you want to go beyond 126 LCPUs some patching is needed.
>
> I guess you can
> theoretically go up to 255 but I think you might run out of GDT slots before
> that.

Right, so why keep 255 there at all? I mean why hard code it  to a
> max
255 then?Put it at a number a little near or higher than what Xen
> is
actually capable of.

thanks

> Aravindh Puthiyaparambil
> Virtualization
> Engineer
> Virtual Systems Development
> Unisys, Tredyffrin PA

pradeep singh rautela

"Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration" -