Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Socket API

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 03:36:14PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > Is there any code available for this or it is still a paper-concept?
>
> I believe XenSockets and another Xen-oriented network acceleration technology
> have been coded, but I don't know of any releases of the code as-yet.
> Something like this is bound to be made available at some stage, but I don't
> know if the original authors want to release their code.

The original code was very recently made available on sourceforge under GPL:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/xvmsocket/

Medium-to-long term though I don't see a Xen specific socket impl as really
being a viable model. A generic solution based on the new Virt-IO paravirt
infrastructure will be more appealing to app developers because it'll be
possible to make use of it across all the different impls of paravirt_ops
in Linux (ie Xen, KVM, VMWare, LGuest).

Dan.