[Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Re: questions about hypercall and xenoprof

From the guest point of view all hypercall execution time is spent with the guest program counter in the hypercall page. I haven’t used xenoprof much myself, but I expect that’s what you’re seeing here. The code sequences in the hypercall page are only a few instructions long, so you’d have to execute them a lot to actually spend much time really executing within the hypercall page!

 -- Keir

On 23/8/07 00:38, "John mathews" <john.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

can someone help me with this

On 8/16/07, John mathews <john.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I was running xenoprof on xen-3.0.4 and see "hypercall" and "hypercall_page" as one of the primary overhead for a benchmark. I am confused about both?  Are they functions ? Does "hypercall" represents all the hypercall or its a function pointer. I am novice to xen. A little explanation will help my understanding.

-John