[Xen-devel] Re: Re: Massive problems with 'PCI-DMA: Out of SW-IOMMU space for XXX bytes [..]' with 3Ware controller

Hi,

I finally have results for you:

The one you already know:
64bit Xen 3.1.2
64bit 2.6.18
=> FAIL

Here my tested results:
32bit Xen 3.1.2 PAE
32bit 2.6.18 PAE
=> FAIL

64bit Xen 3.1.2
32bit 2.6.18 PAE
=> FAIL

32bit Xen 3.1.2 NON-PAE
32bit 2.6.16 NON-PAE
=> OK (I've written over 15GB to disk without problems)

I had to use a NON-PAE version of Xen for testing my old working 2.6.16
kernel, 'cause it doesn't have PAE enabled (I thought it would have, but
well..).
But all 3.1.2 Xen binaries have been built from the same source.

One interesting fact: The server mainboard has some onboard SATA ports. If I
connect a hard disc to this ports, I can write to them without problems.
Just in conjunction with the 3Ware I suffer from this problem.

The bug seems to be in the kernel part, not the hypervisor itself, as my old
kernel works without problems.

Regards,
Markus