Re: [Xen-devel] About how to set crash dump enable

Sorry I'd forgotten to reply.

Thanks for your help. Akio.

But, I've been not succeeded.
I'll try continuously :-)

regards.

HPCS lab
4th grade student of Colledge of Information Science, University of Tsukuba

Ryo Kanbayashi

<javascript:goWordLink("continuously")>
Akio Takebe wrote:
Hi, Ryo

Sorry for my late reply.
I think the difference between linux and xen is only grub/menu.list.
Can you try;

1. vim /boot/grub/menu.list
    title Xen-unstable
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /xen.gz nmi=fatal crashkernel=128M@32M
        module /vmlinuz-2.6.18-xen ro root=LABEL=/12 rhgb nmi_watchdog=0
        module /initrd-2.6.18-xen.img
2. Setup kdump like the below. (it is the same as linux.)
   # /sbin/kexec  --args-linux --elf64-core-headers -p \
     --command-line="ro root=LABEL=/12 irqpoll maxcpus=1" \
     --initrd="/boot/initrd-2.6.18.img /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18

You can make kdump kernel by compiling with CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE=y, CONFIG_KEXEC=y
CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP=y, and so on. RHEL5 kernel is useful. :-)

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe

Hi, Akio

Thanks to your nice advice :-)
Due to your advice , I learned relation between crash dump and kdump.

But, I've not been able to setup crash kernel correctly.
In xen, step to setup kdump kernel is different with ordinary linux kernel?

#I tried with kdump.txt in linux kernel document. but....

best regards.

Akio Takebe wrote:
Hi, Ryo

(XEN) * no crash kernel loaded!
You should set kexec/kdump completely.
The message means you don't load kdump kernel with kexec command.
zyou can check it by looking at /sys/kernel/kexec_crash_loaded.

If you cannot load the kernel, please check /proc/iomem.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe