[Xen-devel] Re: xsm: Consolidate xsm processing within domain control hypercall.

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 16:49 -0500, Mike D. Day wrote:
> On 04/12/07 13:06 -0700, Alex Williamson wrote:
> >
> >   Does this work right across a PV domain save/restore on x86?  On ia64
> > I end up with "Domain-Unnamed" after I save a PV domain and another
> > after I restore it, then do a shutdown.  Reverting this patch restores
> > correct behavior.  Thanks,
>
> I'll investigate this regression. Do you have any ideas as to why this
> is happening?

   Nope, that's why I'm hoping x86 does something similar ;^)  Since I'm
not using XSM_ENABLE, xsm_call should just be (0), which means the
changed code should all be noops... but apparently something changes.
BTW, xsm_call(domctl(domctl)) seems unnecessarily obfuscated.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.