[Xen-devel] Re: Scheduling groups, credit scheduler support

On 14/12/07 16:49 +0000, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mike D. Day, le Tue 04 Dec 2007 08:50:20 -0500, a Ãcrit :
> > Credits are "stolen" only when the stub domain runs, so if the hvm
> > domain is doing no I/O then none of its credits go to the stub domain.
>
> Ok, but take for instance the case where vcpu1 of the HVM does a lot of
> I/O while vcpu2 of the HVM prefers to burn CPU. Here we would probably
> like to see the stubdomain take as much CPU time for performing the I/O
> as the vcpu2 has for burning. I'm not sure that your allocation permits
> this.

One simple way to handle this is to increase the weight of the hvm
domain, which will allow both hvm and stub more credits. Of course,
that does nothing to favor the stub domain.

The right way to fix this is to allow the hvm domain to defer its
credits to the stub domain. I'll work up a patch.

Mike

--
Mike D. Day
IBM LTC