Re: [Xen-devel] [Fwd: [Xen-users] two serial port in HVM DomU patch]

  • To: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, XEN Devel - listmembers <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 22:43:23 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 14:36:36 -0800

I'd advocate a dm_args domain config option, which would be a string of qemu
command-line arguments which would be dumbly passed straight through to
qemu-dm without any further processing by xend.

Then you could just do 'dm_args = "serial=/dev/ttyS0 serial=/dev/ttyS1"' and
not need any changes to qemu source code at all. And this would also let you
get at any other underlying features of qemu too. Much nicer.

This would certainly be a good thing post 3.2.0 and 3.1.3.

 -- Keir