Re: [Xen-devel] vmcs_revision_id: do we care?

Based on what I've heard, both IBM and Intel have been telling people this configuration is valid. From what I was able to dig out, Intel in their System Programming Guide: Virtual Machine Monitor Programming Considerations, published Nov. 2007, suggested when loading a VMCS onto a processor with a different vmcs_revision_id, instead of using VMPTRLD, one should use VMREAD to read out each field then use VMWRITE to write them back. Is that more or less the kind of work we are facing here? Or is there more?

Thanks,
Dan