Re: [Xen-devel] That xenstored console leak...

Keir Fraser wrote:

>>> I checked your patch in for 3.1, which is probably sufficient there.
>>>
>> The fix I was referring to was the one for the MAC-lossage issue.
>>

> I'd consider taking Jim's patch to remove the path deletion, and swallow the
> (rather theoretical) xenstore leak across large numbers of device hotplugs.

It's reality, not just theory :-/.  xm network-[attach|detach] does
leak.  block does not as nothing is written to /vm/uuid/device for block
devices.  Not sure about other devices, e.g. vtpm, security labels,
etc.  A quick grep through the sources reveals netif as the only dev
controller invoking _writeVm().

Perhaps we should look at handling network and block devices in a
similar fashion - eliminating the need to write any device info to this
path?

Jim