[Xen-devel] Re: [ofa-general] MTHCA driver for Linux

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 01:38:47PM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying.  Do you mean that
> you've found a bug in the Xen pci front-end, or do you still think we
> should fix this by changing the mthca driver?

I'm not sure where exactly the bug is.

The bug is triggered by Xen PCI front-end driver in DomU.

The workaround is to either rmmod mthca driver or merge .shutdown and .remove
sections of the mthca driver (in the module that runs in DomU kernel).

I'm not sure where the bug is as the driver should leave the device in correct
state. The current Linux kernel does not do that for most devices.

Similar problem was with e1000 driver. If the driver was not removed before
reboot, the system froze in BIOS code. This one was fixed in the BIOS of
motherboard. But I believe, the drivers should not leave the device as is.

Maybe people from Xen could write their opinion  what should be done here.

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek