[Xen-devel] Xen inside Xen with VMX?

Hello,

out of curiosity, I was wondering if it is possible to support recursive emulation in Xen, i.e. if it is possible to have Xen as a guest in Xen (possibly with other guests inside those Xen's)? I'm particularly curious if this is possible when running Xen using Intel's VT extensions (or AMD's Pacifica), i.e. do these enhancements provide the hypervisor with enough control that it can virtualize the virtualization enhancements themselves (without a prohibitive loss in performance)?
If it's not possible I guess VT etc. doesn't really offer true emulation since the guest would be able to detect the emulation by noticing that it wasn't itself able to become a hypervisor.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

MH