RE: [Xen-devel] [Patch 0/3] Move vtd and amd iommu code

Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 20/2/08 05:40, "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> This patch set moves vtd and amd iommu code to
>> xen/drivers/passthrough. It's a suitable place for iommu code for
>> sharing code between different platforms in future.
>
> Yes, but the code is currently a mix of architecture-specific and
> plausibly-generic. I don't think a wholesale copying of the code into
> drivers/passthrough/ is the way to go -- you'll ending up needing to
> ifdef in a bunch of places, or move fragments of code back again to
> arch/x86/.
>
> Do you actually have a demonstrable merge of vt-d for ia64 yet?

Yes, we have had a initial patch for sharing vt-d between x86 and ia64,
and will rebase it to latest unstable after this code move. The idea is
put architectural specific code in passthrough/vtd/x86 and
passthrough/vtd/ia64. directories. Originally, we didn't move the amd
iommu to drivers/passthrough/. But now there is a generic interface
between vtd and amd iommu, I think it's better to move amd iommu to
drivers/passthrough/amd_iommu as well, and put iommu generic stuffs
under drivers/passthrough/. Moreover, current vtd and amd iommu code are
under hvm/, if want to support pv domain in future, new place may be
suitable.

Randy (Weidong)