Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch 0/3] Move vtd and amd iommu code

On 20/2/08 05:40, "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This patch set moves vtd and amd iommu code to xen/drivers/passthrough.
> It's a suitable place for iommu code for sharing code between different
> platforms in future.

Yes, but the code is currently a mix of architecture-specific and
plausibly-generic. I don't think a wholesale copying of the code into
drivers/passthrough/ is the way to go -- you'll ending up needing to ifdef
in a bunch of places, or move fragments of code back again to arch/x86/.

Do you actually have a demonstrable merge of vt-d for ia64 yet?

 -- Keir