Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch 3/7] pvSCSI driver

> > Of course, we might be able to declare the tree stable except for SCSI
> > support, but that's a bit of a change from our current model.
> The pieces of pvSCSI are (I think):
> . xend changes
> . scripts in /etc/xen/scripts
> . linux backend
> . linux frontend
>
> The linux backend and linux frontend could be built as modules outside
> of the main linux tree (eg just with linux-headers-2.6.18 under Debian -
> I've done this for the backend at least).
>
> The scripts can be added easily enough.
>
> Would it be possible to add a plugin functionality to xend and the
> supporting libraries? If so, then it becomes very easy to build it all
> without having to worry so much about getting it in to the main tree...
I have no idea; xend scares and confuses me.

Making it easier to add new device classes to xend would be a good
thing, but I don't think it's the most direct way of getting pvSCSI
merged.  The next stable release of Xen isn't due for another five
months or so, and if we can't decide on a sane interface by then then
there's something fairly seriously wrong.

Steven.