[Xen-devel] cross compiling xen/ia64

Hi,

   With the latest pull of the ia64 tree, it's now possible, and fairly
easy, to cross compile xen/ia64 on an x86_32/64 system.  Aron Griffis
has been working on this and has posted detailed instructions on the Xen
wiki: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/CrossCompiling  These
instructions are based on Fedora8, which should be readily available.

   I'd like to request that an ia64 cross compile be added to the
regression testing between the staging and the published development
trees.  This should allow us to more quickly catch obvious breaks
between the architectures.  I would also request that anyone making low
level changes that might affect other architectures, consider adding
this to your testing.  It's quite trivial to setup an HVM domain with a
cross compiler and build environment given the instructions above.
Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.