[Xen-devel] A question related with symbol reference?

hi, my friends:

recently, i am reading the source codes about hypercall.

First, i study a simple hypercall, for example, the "do_xen_version".

In "xen-3.1.0-src\xen\common\kernel.c", the definition of "do_xen_version" is:

DO(xen_version) (int cmd, XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(void) arg)
{
}

according to the " #define DO(fn) long do_##fn ", the expanded form is "do_xen_version (...)".

then, in the "xen-3.1.0-src\xen\arch\x86\x86_32\entry.S", there is an item in the "hypercall_table", like this:

ENTRY(hypercall_table)
.long do_xen_version

as we all known, for a symbol reference of function there need to be a header file contained, or a "global" declaration.

By searching the header files, i found the file, "xen-3.1.0-src\xen\include\xen\hypercall.h" that declared the function in a form as follows:

extern long
do_xen_version(
int cmd,
XEN_GUEST_HANDLE(void) arg);

But, i can not find where the file "hypercall.h" is contained in order to link it with the reference of "do_xen_version" in the "entry.S"

So, please help me, or give me some advice.

thanks advance.

2008-03-18

房海峰