Re: [Xen-devel] Windows Bug Check 0x101 issue

> having decided to violate it, perhaps the right answer is to make the
> disk simply vanish: ignore all future command writes, zero all of the
> registers that the host is attempting to read, not issue an interrupt,
> and somehow discard the responses from any overlapped IO which is in
> flight.

I think it is safest - and if the underlying storage fails something bad
has happened and anything else we do would make it worse

> Is that what you meant by `offline the virtual device' ?

Just leave the busy bit set forever, the host will get fed up of waiting,
reset, rinse repeat a few times and (except for older Linux) then offline
the device. Older Linux (ie drivers/ide) has problems coping with failed
drives so will carry on spewing but limp along ok.

Alan