Re: [Xen-devel] pci pass-through, NIC card

Kay, Allen M wrote:
I would assume you see "Intel VT-d has been enabled" in you full log
file, correct?

Yes, there is this line.

Given that dom0 devices are working OK - this means VT-d translation is
working correctly for dom0.

The current code maps entire guest memory in VT-d by sharing with p2m
table.  The vt-d page fault you are seeing should only happen if the
guest is using some DMA address that is not coverred by the P2m page
table - which is shouldn't have happened.

I have seen this type of fault if the BIOS is not programming VT-d HW
correctly.

Who's the vendor of this Stoakley system?  We can try to duplicate the
problem here if we can get hold of the same system.

Here, the reference of the machine :

Phoenix TrustedCore(tm) Server
Copyright 1985-2007 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
All Rights Reserved

Supermicro X7DWE+/X7DWN+ BIOS Rev 1.0

CPU = 2 Processor(s) Detected, Cores per Processor = 4
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5376  @ 2.80GHz
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5376  @ 2.80GHz
DRAM Type : DDR2-800, FSB at 1600MHz
8192M System RAM Passed