RE: [Xen-devel] Release 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

> James Harper schrieb:
> > Okay I've definitely fixed a bug that would cause the BSoD I was
seeing,
> > so I'm trying again.
> >

> i've tried 0.8.7 upon a freshly installed W2k3 SBS Server (german).
> Xen Version is 3.2.0 amd64.

Hmmm... I'll see if I can test amd64 again tonight. I've only been
testing with i386 recently.

> After running install.bat, the system starts with a msg. like "At
least
> one Service could not by started" (i didn't investigate by now, but I
> assume this is the XenShutdown).

XenShutdown will probably fail if XenPCI isn't running.

> The netfront vif's are completely missing, Hardware list shows one
> "unknown device" remaining in "other devices" (before installation
> there were two of them), then "Xen PCI Device" has a warning mark and
> "Could not be initialized".

Yep. If XenPCI isn't working then nothing else will work.

> Booting into /gplpv results in a BSOD.

Probably 0x7B which means boot device inaccessible. This presumably
means that xenhide is working and hiding your qemu devices, and because
xenpci isn't working you have nothing to boot off.

> Looks like this build has some significant problems ;)

I'd like to find out if it's an amd64 problem or a Germen language
problem. What media are you using? This seems to be a big enough problem
that it's probably worth investigating... I have installed Windows
enough times that I shouldn't even need to read the screens :)

James