Re: [Xen-devel] Integrate kqemu emulation into xen hypervisor possible?

Ross S. W. Walker, le Tue 01 Apr 2008 11:41:24 -0400, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Ross S. W. Walker, le Tue 01 Apr 2008 11:19:35 -0400, a écrit :
> > > I was wondering if now that the kqemu source has been GPL'd if it was
> > > possible if it's functionality could be incorporated into the Xen
> > > hypervisor to provide full virtualization on hardware that doesn't
> > > support it?
> >
> > What would be the benefit, compared to just running qemu in
> > user space?

Oooh, oops, you are talking about *k*qemu, not qemu, sorry, ok, I see.
Well, a first step would be to make kqemu work with Xen's dom0 Linux.
Then, adding the feature in the Hypervisor may make sense indeed, but
I'm not sure you'd get much bigger performance than with just the dom0
support.

Samuel