Re: [Xen-devel] stub domain or "hyper thread" in xen

Hello,

Ashish Bijlani, le Tue 13 May 2008 23:40:52 -0400, a écrit :
> he idea is based on user-kernel thread model i.e. similar to the
> user-kernel thread architecture to do I/O through syscalls in an OS,
> there can be a guest kernel thread and a hyper thread association to
> do the I/O through hypercalls in an hypervisor based platform.

Mmmm, it looks to me like you want to reinvent the paravirtualization
interface...  If a guest is paravirtualized, we don't use a
qemu/stubdomain/whatever, and the guest indeed basically just talks with
a dom0 kernel thread, or anything looking like that (tasklet, etc.).
If the guest is not paravirtualized, then we have to emulate virtual
devices, and that we clearly don't want to do it in dom0 kernel space :)
Even running it as root in dom0 is already frowned upon.

Samuel