Re: [Xen-devel] Finer access control framework over users, domains and operations.

Syunsuke HAYASHI writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Finer access control framework over
users,    domains and operations."):
> We understand that the implementation of the ACM on the web layer is easy.
> But we think that basic control tools of Xen (xm and libvirt) also need
> the ACM

I see.  Why ?

> It is necessary to realize the ACM which considers users, domains and
> operations.
> We only know ways that control by the unit of users or processes.
> Please let us know if there are other tools or ways that realize the ACM.

I'm not sure what you mean by `realise the ACM'.  Earlier you said
`ACM' stood for `Access Control Module' which I'll take to assume
means just some kind of access control facility.  I assume `realise'
means `have.

So you seem to be saying that you need an access control facility that
`considers users, domains and operations'.  That kind of access
control seems to be exactly what is easily done at a web ui layer, as
I said.

Perhaps `Access Control Module' means something more specific.  If so
then what kind of something ?  And why do you need that rather than
another solution ?

It would be most helpful if you described your ultimate objectives, in
a solution-neutral way.

Ian.