[Xen-devel] Re: Xen and Kernel 2.6.25

Really nice.

I try to use 2.6.5 with the domU support, and it´s working!
The only thing that isnt working its the vnc. I think because 2.6.25-xen, doenst have frambuffer for xen support yet
Its a task for 2.6.26 perhaps

see in http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps
-----------------------------
# eatures in 2.6.25:

   * x86-32 support
   * SMP
   * Console (hvc0)
   * Blockfront (xvdX)
   * Netfront

# Queued for 2.6.26:

   * Balloon (contraction only)
   * paravirtual framebuffer + mouse (pvfb)
   * 2.6.26 onwards will be PAE-only

"Ian Jackson" <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu na mensagem news:18514.31853.524156.930331@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Grzegorz Mi³o¶ writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Xen and Kernel 2.6.25"):
> Some question.
> Can I install Xen-3.2.1 with 2.6.18-xen kernel... to my Dom0
> and without HVM, starting a debian(DomU) with kernel 2.6.25 from kernel > src
> and compiled with all XEN port / features ?

I don't think you'll be able to compile 2.6.25 DomU kernel from
vanilla sources (= kernel.org + xenbits.xensource.com).

Recent mainline kernels (including 2.6.25) have domU support.  It's
not feature complete but it should be useable.  (Last I checked
save/restore and ballooning weren't supported, but work in this area
is continuing apace.)

Ian.