Re: [Xen-devel] Re: FC Transport layer in xen

  • To: "Jun Kamada" <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tej <bewith.tej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:38:56 +0530
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 00:09:20 -0700

On 8/26/08, Jun Kamada <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The ptaches you are using are very old, so I can't remember detail about
> them. Only I can say is:
>
> - "Attach" operation is needed in order to attach specfied HBA to
>   guest domain. (To do so, some information should be wriiten to
>   xenstore. However, these patches did not contain tool to do it,
>   meybe, because the patches were just for RFC.)
> - After that operation, you can see SCSI disks under the HBA as
>   /dev/sd?? on the guest domain.
> - If you can successfully see the disks, you can see any information
>   about FC transport layer at /sys/class/*.

after using PCI-PASSTHROUG FC-HBA is visible in the domU.

1.
-----------
domU output:
root@guest03:~# lspci
01:05.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. ISP2312-based 2Gb Fibre Channel to
PCI-X HBA (rev 02)

2.
------
root@guest03:~# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:

proc/scsi does not show any output.

3. Dmesg for qlogic while booting domU.
qla2xxx 0000:01:05.0: Found an ISP2312, irq 18, iobase 0xc903c000
qla2xxx 0000:01:05.0: Configuring PCI space...
qla2xxx 0000:01:05.0: Configure NVRAM parameters...
qla2xxx 0000:01:05.0: Verifying loaded RISC code...
qla2xxx 0000:01:05.0: Firmware image unavailable.
qla2xxx 0000:01:05.0: Firmware images can be retrieved from:
ftp://ftp.qlogic.com/outgoing/linux/firmware/.
qla2x00_initialize_adapter(): **** FAILED ****
qla2xxx 0000:01:05.0: Failed to initialize adapter

it is complaining about some  Firmware image unavailable

4.
--------
/sys/class/fc_host shows nothing
root@guest03:/sys/class# ls -l /sys/class/fc_host/
total 0
root@guest03:/sys/class#

Now how do i access these scsi device in domU using pci passthrough.

Any pointers will be approciated.

thanks
-tej