Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Poor performance on HVM (kernbench)

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
No, there's no pv-hvm driver support upstream yet.  When I get around to
it I intend adding support for the pagetable shootdown
paravirtualization too, so that unshadowing shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, OK. I didn't know that. The only good news is that this behavior is not expected by the shadow3 algorithm, since most of the developing time has been spent in ways to prevent completely brute-force search of writable mappings. I'll get back with a patch to fix this after I can reproduce it on my machine.

Thanks,
Gianluca