Re: [Xen-devel] HVM resumable with -c flag?

On 19/9/08 00:12, "Mike Sun" <msun@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm...  I attempted to replace the tools/ioemu source in 3.1.4 with
> that from 3.2.1... and find this call in cirrus_vga.c is not supported
> in 3.1.x:
>
>  (void)xc_domain_pin_memory_cacheattr(
>         xc_handle, domid,
>         begin >> TARGET_PAGE_BITS,
>         end >> TARGET_PAGE_BITS,
>         XEN_DOMCTL_MEM_CACHEATTR_WB);
>
> I looked into patching 3.1.x with the code necessary to support that
> function call, but found myself down a long list of dependencies that
> required updating things like mtrr and mm.c which seemed a bit
> dangerous.

You don't need that call. It's related to real device passthrough (e.g.,
Intel VT-d).

> I figured I'd just remove that memory cache pin call in cirrus_vga.c
> and see how that went.  (The only other slight change I had to make
> was to remove the z position stuff from xenfb.c).  Everything build,
> but I can't create HVM domains without them getting wedged in a
> "weird" state (i.e. -----), so it looks like qemu-dm is bugging out.
>
> Any ideas on how I can port the 0.90 version of QEMU in Xen 3.2.x into
> Xen 3.1.x easily?

Mmm not really. Actually I'm surprised it built at all without further
changes to the source code.

Perhaps you'd be better cherry-picking 3.2.x patches to backport to the
3.1.x qemu. Changesets 15639 and 15641 would be obvious candidates.

 -- Keir