RE: [Xen-devel] iommu: mapping reserved region failed - Q35 - VT-DIssue

  • To: "Stefan Bauer" <stefan.bauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ross Philipson" <Ross.Philipson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:30:42 -0400
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:31:36 -0700

I meant rebuild xen with debug=y. There is a bunch of tracing in the
routines that are trying to setup the context mapping that indicate what
is going on including tracing out what device it was dealing with when
things failed. Also (as mentioned in another email just sent), we can
enhance that logging in these routines to see if the hardware remapping
unit is missing for this device or something related.

Also again I was curious - it seems the failure trace you reported below
was during dom0 boot - is this true?

Thanks
Ross