Re: [Xen-devel] mmx sse emulation

  • To: "Andre Przywara" <andre.przywara@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ashish Bijlani" <ashish.bijlani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 05:34:31 -0500
  • Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 02:34:55 -0800

Hi Andre,

You are absolutely right. All hardware virtualization capable machines
have recent simd technology built-in. However, I'm just trying to
evaluate a case when HVM guests rely on the virtual hardware platform
and not on the actual hardware platform. Precisely, what would be the
performance gain/loss if hypervisor has to emulate the functionality.

-Ashish