[Xen-devel] debug logging in windows

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 16:46:29 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:46:53 -0800

Windows makes internal 'debugprint' calls, kind of like the kernel
logging that Linux does that you get via dmesg.

It would make my life a heap easier if I could route those to dom0. The
windows debugger allows this indirectly but it is really slow and has
heaps of overhead.

Is it possible to use the /local/domain/<id>/drivers/console/0 to do
this? It looks like even PV linux doesn't use this, so maybe it's just a
legacy thing?

/local/domain/<id>/console appears to just be the HVM VNC thing for
Windows.

'xm console' for a HVM domain connects to the serial port if I set
serial = 'pty' in the config, but I'd rather not use a serial port if I
can get around it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

James