Re: [Xen-devel] Re: pv_ops dom0 USB fixed

  • To: "Jeremy Fitzhardinge" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:18:57 -0500
  • Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Aviv Grafi <aviv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:20:31 -0800

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Well, for a start, disable MSI for now (pci=nomsi on the kernel command
>> line).  I haven't done any MSI support yet.
>>
>> In the nosmp boot, something seems amiss with interrupt routing.  nomsi may
>> help there as well, but I'll need to have a closer look at the code to work
>> out what's really going wrong here.  Hm, its probably:
>> [    0.000000] ACPI: Skipping IOAPIC probe due to 'noapic' option.
>>
>> I guess nosmp implies noapic?  Anyway, we don't do well without ioapics at
>> present...

> The pci=nomsi helped a lot.
>
> I have booting (at least almost)
>
> Again two logs attached. This time the without nosmp does better.
>
> Gets to a checking battery state line then it seems to stop.
>
> The nosmp does the same as last time, a initramfs prompt followed by
> ATA trying...
>
> I will try to disable some of the init scripts or try single user mode to
> see if I can get a normal prompt.

In single user mode, I have functional network, etc.

A log is attached.

It would help if I could get the display to work properly on the normal monitor
and not over a serial console.

It may be a very functional system

The log of single user mode and some very basic testing is attached.

Cheers,
Todd

--
Todd Deshane