Re: [Xen-devel] xenbus callback probe...

On 17/12/2008 03:15, "Mukesh Rathor" <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks. Now, that I played around a bit, am going in circles trying to
> figure how to keep very simple in my messaging driver. Basically,
> I'd like to keep it symmetric, no frontend/backend, just one file,
> dynamically loadable, kernel driver. When a driver is loaded in domU, it
> broadcasts ring-ref/event-chnl and causes dom0 callback to wake up and
> act on it. Since domU can't write to /local/domain/0/blah/bleh, is there
> some other generic way to broadcast it?

No, the whole point is that a domU cannot disturb dom0 unless a rendezvous
point has been set up by the tool stack.

Who are the messages to be picked up by? Tool stack? In which case why not
just stuff messages via a well-known /local/domain/x/... xenstore node which
tools would watch for all alive domains x?

 -- Keir