Re: [Xen-devel] guest attempted write to read-only memory page.

Keir Fraser wrote:
On 25/12/2008 01:54, "Akio Takebe" <takebe_akio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I make a quick test, that warning disappears after moving disable
action post rom_scan. But I haven't found the place triggering such
write violation, as in previous revision write access is also disabled
before rom_scan. It could come from recent bochs update on
expansion rom part by 18931.
Sorry for my late response.
That's a bug of mine.

Some option ROMs would do write accesses.
So rombios need to enable write acess before rom_scan.
I'll post a patch to fix.

This behaviour existed before your upgrade, and it's not a bug. I fixed by
removing the warning message.

But shadow memory should enable write accesses during INIT and BCV.
It's in BBS spec.

Best Regards,

AkioãTakebe