RE: [Xen-devel] domains not shutting down properly - the problemisback again

> > > Also, 'lsevtchn' shows one extra 'Channel is waiting interdom
> > > connection' after starting and then destroying a new domain.
> >
> > Backend driver not cleaning up due to xend not correctly deleting a
> > directory from xenstore, or because of hotplug/udev script problems?
> > There's some interaction going on with your dom0 installation, since
> no
> > one else has seen or reported this issue.
>
> When I kill xenstore all the allocated event channels go away, so I'm
> guessing that's it.
>
> Just need to find out why xenstore isn't getting told to clean up...

The obvious next step was to go and litter xenstored with syslog
messages so I know what it's up to. I did that, shut down all the
domains, stopped xend, killed xenstored, restarted xend, and it all
works perfectly.

I then rebooted, and it is back to the normal behaviour. I'm now looking
at when xend starts in the boot load order... maybe it's loading too
early?

James