RE: [Xen-devel] domains not shutting down properly-theproblemisbackagain

  • To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 13:25:22 +1100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 18:25:57 -0800

> My dom0 kernel is http://xenbits.xensource.com/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg
>
> The crash I had last night was just:
>
> "
> void send_guest_global_virq(struct domain *d, int virq)
> {
>     unsigned long flags;
>     int port;
>     struct vcpu *v;
>     struct evtchn *chn;
>
>     ASSERT(virq_is_global(virq));
>
> if (virq == VIRQ_DOM_EXC)
>   printk("send_guest_global_virq\n");
> "
>
> adding the last two lines above. There should be no reason for that to
> cause a crash that I can see, but as soon as I take those lines away
it
> all works. I have printk's in the function that calls
> send_guest_global_virq and they work just fine.

It turns out it wasn't those two lines, it was a debug statement a bit
further down, just after " port = v->virq_to_evtchn[virq];", with
v->virq_lock held. I'm guessing that printk can't execute with virq_lock
held?

So no crash anymore but the event isn't getting through...

James