RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Transcendent Memory ("tmem"): a new approach to physical memory management

Hi Alan --

Sorry, I'm not trying to be cryptic.  I'm having some network
problems and will try to post the Linux patch shortly.

I'm aware of IBM's CMM and I think (hope) tmem achieves similar
goals but is much much simpler and more extensible for other
interesting uses.  After I get the patch posted, let me know
if you agree.

Yes, one of the other uses for tmem is for cluster nodes
co-resident on a physical machine to share a "virtual page
cache".  That's under development... working with the ocfs2
team.

Looking forward to more discussion...

Dan