Re: [Xen-devel] pv_ops dom0 kernel failure with ata_piix / irq problems

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 11:54:47AM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> >> __ata_port_freeze: ata4294967295 port frozen
> >
> > I don't know whether being "frozen" is good, bad or indifferent, but
> > that's a might strange ata interface number.  I don't suppose you have 4
> > billion ata interfaces on your machine?
>
> Looks like caller ignores -Esomething return value somewhere ...

Actually this "port frozen" thing was already resolved.. it's supposed to be
like that.

Port names are initialized with -1 as a default, and only given real
numbers/names later in the initialization process.

That initialization never happens in ata_piix driver because
devm_request_irq() fails and initialization is skipped with pv_ops dom0
kernel..

-- Pasi