Re: [Xen-devel] Debugging Xen via serial console

  • To: Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Emre Can Sezer <ecsezer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:09:55 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:10:26 -0800

Hi Dan,

I'm currently using your version of ssplitd as it is.  I haven't tried
kdb.  For some reason I thought that was for debugging guest domains.
I'll look into it. As for resurrecting the gdbstub, I'm *NOT* familiar enough
with it to try it myself. I do have a few people here who might be though.
I'll post something if we get it working.

Thanks,

John

Dan Doucette wrote:
Hi John,
The patches I submitted quickly fell out of sync with the 3.2 unstable branch at the time. I found a month or so later they stopped working, and I didnt have the time to keep them up to date. For Xen debugging, have you tried the kdb branch maintained my Mukesh Rathor (Oracle)? I used this a few months ago and it seemed to work. The branch is off the mainline, however. Its usage is documented in the xen wiki pages, I believe. If you would prefer to use gdb, the functionality should be easy to resurrect. There really wasnt much to it. I would recommend using my serial port splitter (ssplitd.c), which I found easier to use and was complete in its implementation. I submitted all the changes in proper patch form after the posting you referenced above, if you are interested. Dan.