Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Disable xen platform device when it is not needed.

> > Thank you for your comments.

> not

> > > field.
> > > ',ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r'

> bridge=eth1' ]

> > > I still leave my disks and network as ioemu even when using PV
> drivers,
> > > as I simply need to use the /NOGPLPV boot option to switch back to
> them.
> >
> > When "ioemu:" or "type=ioemu" are not specified, both emulated device
> > and PV device are enabled. This is current xen's behavior.
> >
> > So my idea does not break your usage.
>
> Maybe I don't understand your idea, but I think you are saying that if
> ioemu is specified then the PV drivers won't work because you will
> disable the platform pci device.

I suppose your understanding is right.

BTW, I have one question.
If you want to use the PV drivers, I don't think xen requires "ioemu" option.
Without "ioemu" option, xen will enable the emulated devices.
Why do you need "ioemu" option?

Thanks,
--
Shohei Fujiwara