RE: [Xen-devel] GPLPV + Xen Unstable BSOD

> On 25/02/2009 02:48, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > My Xen Signature is 'XenVMMXenVMM', and my Hypercall area is page
> > aligned. Any suggestion as to why you might be getting 'Microsoft
Hv'? I
> > suspect that maybe Xen unstable is trying to make itself look like a
> > Microsoft HyperV system so that Windows behaves a bit better, but
> > obviously that has introduced other problems. Can you turn that off?
You
> > might ultimately need it turned on but if you turn it off and it
works I
> > will be a bit more certain about the problem.
>
> Probably 'viridian=1' is in the domain config file. So that can simply
be
> removed to revert to old CPUID behaviour. Or even explicitly put
> 'viridian=0' in the config file.

Andrew: Can you please try with that option?

> > For a start I probably need to validate the Signature and EAX
(version?)
> > values returned and fail to install instead of crashing...
>
> You should be searching for Xen's own CPUID signature by searching the
> leaf
> range 0x40000000-0x40001000 with a stride size of 0x100. See
> tools/firmware/hvmloader/hvmloader.c:init_hypercalls().

I looked in unmodified-drivers/platform_pci.c and found the same thing.
Is there a document anywhere that describes the changes between -3.3 and
-unstable? Anything else you can think of that might catch me out?

Thanks

James