Re: [Xen-devel] pvscsi broken

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:49:57 +0100
Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Jun Kamada <kama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Andrew-san,
> >
> > Which assignment mode, LUN mode or Host mode, do you use? If you used
> > the LUN mode, only mandatory SCSI commands can work and almost all
> > tape related commands will fail.
> >
> > Could you try the Host mode? Please see
> > "http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-02/msg00505.html";
> > for usage of the Host mode.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >

> I used a config setting like this: #vscsi=['/dev/st0, 0:0:0:0'] which
> I guess must be LUN mode, I removed the setting and used a "xm attach
> <dom>  8:0:5:0 host" which was successful and "xm scsi-list" shows the
> device is attached, but nothing was detected in windows, perhaps it
> needs to be there as soon as windows is booted, what is the syntax to
> specify host mode in the config file?

Syntax is as same as in case of "xm scsi-attach". Please replace
"0:0:0:0" with keyword "host".

BTW, I suppose the problem you are facing is caused by inconsistency
between backend driver and xend. (The xend support host mode but the
driver does not support it, maybe.) I reccomend you to use xen unstable
to avoid such a problem.

Best regards,

-----
Jun Kamada