AW: RE: [Xen-devel] Huge Time went backwards

> Interesting.  This is reported booting dom0, correct?  Are
> you running NTP in dom0?

It's in Dom0 log when powernow-k8 is loaded, which is after loading loop
and prior on
mounting disks. Roughly 4 seconds prior to starting ntpd, so I guess it
has no interaction.

It feels a bit like that 3.3.1 and 3.4 set values differently in the CPU
cores, because
when rebooting the same Xen version two or three times again, it's away.
It will come back
with either Xen version when you switch version. At least it feels that
way.

>> If I get on your nerves with my time keeping issues
>
>No, it is good to raise awareness of these issues until they
>are all fixed.  ESPECIALLY if you see time problems in xen-unstable,
>it would be good to get them fixed before 3.4 is final.

Unfortunately, I broke my unstable. Also, it's a semi-productive family
server, so slots to
Test are a bit rare. I try my best to set it up again and do more
testing.

I have this Time went backwards issues from the beginning. Now I tried
to set HPET to 32bit,
although I don't know whether a) BIOS is read to use 32bit instead of
64bit, or b) this makes
any difference, or c) HEPT and TSC have something in common when it
comes to TSC drifts related
to power management.

I also wondered, whether I should try booting with notsc, but it's a
dual core and I think then
I need TSC, or don't I?

BR,
Carsten.