Re: [Xen-devel] Virtual Bus

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:39:03PM +0530, Tej wrote:
> Are xen ppl are thinking to leverage Virtual Bus Technology recently
> discussed on LKML
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/31/339
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Virtual-bus

As I was reading that thread, the discussion seemed to descend into a
debate about whether this could all be achieved just by optimizing
the existing VirtIO driver backends / host, or whether the Virtual-bus
concepts could be incorporated into VirtIO in some way. So its probably
a little premature to talk about integrating this in Xen. Now an
interesting project that could be tried today is to setup Xend/QEMU-dm
to be able to use VirtIO drivers and then do some performance comparisons
between VirtIO & netfront/back & blkfront/back. The backends for VirtIO
are all implemented entirely within QEMU, so in theory it ought to be
easy to get them working under Xen.

Daniel